Brewer, Tuatara Brewing, Paraparaumu
Talented Brewer wanted:
Looking for your shot at the big time in 2018? Tuatara is looking for an Experienced Brewer to help us do what we do best - make award - winning beer!
We're a little battler of a brand, taking on the world with outstanding, hand crafted beers. Located in Paraparaumu on the Kapiti Coast, we're one of New Zealand's longest standing and most reputable Craft Breweries. Our mission is to free the world from the tyranny of bad beer! So we brew true to style but with a distinctly Kiwi twist that delivers world class, hand crafted, full flavour, Aotearoa beer.
We'd prefer to grow successfully by be being open, accessible, creative and not believing our own hype. Just quietly. Our philosophy is Real Beer, Real People, Real Brewery, Real Ingredients with a Kiwi Twist. We love being "Local" but have our eye on the big wide world. You'll have a significant role in us getting us there!
We value brand integrity, open communication, ownership, focus, strong culture and health and safety.
The successful applicant will be part of a small Brewing team required to produce high quality, award winning beers. You will be expected to work in all Brewery areas, from raw materials management to milling, wort production, fermentation, filtration to produce high quality Bright Beer.
This is a hands-on job, involving physical work, so a good level of fitness is required. Additionally there will be shift work and occasional weekend work high demand period or staff shortages.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a high attention to detail and quality. They will need to have a strong work ethic, be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the brewing process, beer styles, and beer faults
- Good time management
- A positive attitude and a team player
- Proficient English, Mathematics, as well as good written and verbal communication skills
- Be health and safety focused
- Hygiene and tidiness are paramount (brewing is cleaning after all)
- Be quality focused and have a sense of ownership for their job and work area(s)
- The ability to deliver under pressure
- Have a love and passion for good quality beer
- A qualification in Brewing, Food Technology, or Science would be advantageous
- Ideally a minimum of one years' previous commercial brewing experience or two years' home brewing experience
- Experience handling chemicals
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Handling and GMP
- Have a demonstrated record of getting results and working as a motivated Team player
- Computer literacy
- New Zealand citizenship or residency
- Be willing to learn and upskill yourself through brewing education and attending brewing functions
This is a full-time position, 40 hour per week role however during peak periods, there will be overtime, shift work and occasional weekend CIP/ mill in to perform.
Applications close on Friday, 19 January 2018.
Experienced Chef/Cook, Smiths Craft Beer House, Queenstown
Smiths Craft Beer House is one of the countries leading craft beer houses. With 20 rotating taps and a menu packaged with only home made goods we're always changing things up and need a qualified beer lover and kitchen team member.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a busy kitchen with attention to detail. You should have at least a year under your belt with references to state how amazing you are.
We're all about our team members and our guests, we understand that not everyone is perfect so we're happy to help show you the ropes. Our dedicated chefs will work with you and give you the knowledge you require to become successful with us,and elsewhere when the time comes.
Duty Manager, Smiths Craft Beer House, Queenstown
Smiths Craft Beer House is one of the countries leading craft beer houses. With 20 rotating taps and a menu packaged with only home made goods we're always changing things up and need a qualified beer nerd to join the team
In order to be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate your love of craft beer.
- NZ residency or valid work visa
- current New Zealand Cert Duty Manager
- 2-3 years direct craft beer experience.
If you do not have all three of these requirements save both of our times and keep looking elsewhere. Graduating from a fancy hospitality school doesn't even come close to qualifying you for this role. CRAFT BEER EXPERIENCE A MUST
- opening and closing of the bar
- daily cash ups
- overseeing the bar and restaurant staff
- helping to control expenses (F&B along with wages)
- ensure our guests have the best possible experience EVER!!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.